Solar Heater Output Calculator
If you already have a fan operating your solar heater,
you can now use this app to calculate your solar heat output!
See how well your solar heater is performing!*
If you want to learn more about the math and calculations that go on behind the scenes,
How to Download the Solar Heater Output Calculator:
- The Solar Heater Output Calculator requires that your system (currently available for 32 or 64 bit Windows systems only) has a recent version of JRE (Java Runtime Environment) installed.
Please ensure you choose the version of JRE that is intended for your operating system.
- After you have successfully installed JRE, download the "SolarHeaterOutputCalc.jar" file you attached below. (Click the blue downwards pointing arrow on the far right side to download to your computer.)
When you open this file, it should automatically run in the Java environment.
If the SolarHeaterOutputCalc.jar file does not automatically run:
- Right-click on the file icon on your computer: select "Open With"
- Find and Select "Java(TM) Platform SE binary"
- The "Solar Heater Output Calculator" App should now be open on your screen.
*You will require an anemometer to measure the air-flow rate in FPM (feet per minute) to use this calculator.